Are You Facing Fiduciary Conflict?
When dealing with will, trust, and estate matters, you will often come across the term “fiduciary,” which includes executors, estate administrators, temporary administrators, agents under power of attorney, trustees, and guardians/conservators. Individuals (and institutions) in any of these positions have the duty to act prudently, avoid conflicts of interest, and serve in the best interests of others. Unfortunately, fiduciaries, individuals, and families may face challenges in upholding — or respecting — these duties, especially following the death of a loved one. Such conflict is immensely stressful and draining.
The attorneys of Hill & Watchko, LLC can assist you during such challenging fiduciary situations. Whether merely opening and improving the lines of communication and resolution or pursuing or defending litigation on your behalf, our firm can guide you through these scenarios. Specifically, we assist with disputes concerning:
- The administration of trusts and estates
- Will contests: defending the probate of a will or objecting to its validity
- Probate: settlement of accounts, removal of executors, payment of claims against an estate, or seeking year’s support
- Actions under powers of attorney
- Breach of fiduciary duties by executors, trustees, guardians or conservators
- Guardianships and conservatorships: whether a guardian/conservator is necessary; who should serve; or the restoration of an individual’s rights
We strive to help clients avoid litigation when possible; however, in the absence of a mutual resolution, we are prepared to litigate on your behalf. We also pride ourselves on the efficient handling of your case and will work with you to try to avoid expensive litigation.
Come Into Our Office
Contact us today to discuss how we can assist you with your fiduciary matter. Dial 770-450-4480.