Helping Families With Estate Administration
Estate and trust administration (often referred to as the “probate process” in the context of a will) involves the carrying out of an individual’s last will and testament or trust, and in the absence of a will or trust, it involves following the dictates of state law on how the decedent’s assets must be handled. This could include the actual probate of a person’s will or, if the deceased did not have a will, obtaining authority from the applicable probate court to administer their estate. If the decedent had a properly funded revocable living trust, this process would include the successor trustee carrying out the final wishes of the decedent.
The Estate Administration And Probate Aid You Need
We assist in getting fiduciaries appointed, including executors. administrators, and trustees of estates. If you are in this position, we will also assist you in fulfilling your duties efficiently and effectively. In the absence of a will or trust, our firm can help you when navigating the probate court.
Some of our estate and trust administration services include:
- Preparing and filing petitions in the probate court (e.g., petition to probate will, petition for letters of administration, petition for year’s support for surviving spouses and/or minor children)
- Preparing and filing a notice to debtors and creditors
- Coordination with CPAs regarding tax issues
- Consultation and recommendations regarding executor’s, administrator’s, or trustee’s duties and obligations
- Assisting with appropriate communications with problematic heirs or beneficiaries
- Preparing and filing inventories and annual returns, if necessary
- Qualified disclaimer planning
- Assistance with estate distributions
- Preparing and filing discharge petitions
Often, families feel overwhelmed with the tasks they must face after the loss of a loved one. Time and again, Hill & Watchko, LLC‘s attorneys have counted it a privilege to be called upon to assist families in our community during this difficult time. We are committed to assisting our clients through every phase of the process with dignity, respect, and professionalism.
Let Us Review Your Case
Our office provides substantial and comprehensive care to individuals who are administering estates or undergoing probate proceedings. For a consultation, call 770-450-4480 or email our firm.