Special Needs Planning
Many clients want to provide financially for loved ones with special needs without interfering with their eligibility for government benefits such as Medicaid and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). In other scenarios, a disabled individual needs to protect his or her own assets in order to be eligible for additional benefits to pay for the exorbitant cost of care. Planning with Special Needs Trust is often the solution in these complicated scenarios.
Some of our special needs planning services include:
▪ Preparation of Third Party Special Needs Trusts (Inter Vivos and Testamentary)
▪ Preparation of Self-Settled Special Needs Trusts (a.k.a. First Party Special Needs Trusts)
▪ Advice regarding eligibility for government benefits
▪ Coordination with other professionals regarding special needs issues, including personal injury attorneys in the settlement process
▪ Assistance to Special Needs Trustees