Caroline Munroe is a former partner with Bettis, Hill & Vann, LLC (now Hill & Watchko, LLC) and now serves as Special Outside Counsel to the firm for special projects. She is employed by the firm Blanco Tackabery & Matamoros, P.A. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and thus works on matters with our firm when separately engaged. Caroline is admitted to practice law in both Georgia and North Carolina.
Caroline’s practice concentrations are trusts and estates, estate tax planning, probate and estate administration, and representation of tax-exempt organizations. She began her law practice in 2005 at The Bowden Law Firm, focusing in sophisticated estate planning strategies for high net worth families. She later joined Schulten, Ward, & Turner where she continued in the estate planning practice area before founding Bettis, Hill, & Vann, LLC (now Hill & Watchko, LLC) with Cleve Hill in 2010. Caroline has been selected by fellow attorneys statewide for Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite for the years 2007, 2010-2012, and 2014, in the area of Wills/Estates/Taxes. She has also been recognized by her peers in receiving Atlanta Magazine’s FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Award (2010 – 2014) and Super Lawyers’ Georgia Rising Star Award (2010-2017).
Caroline obtained her undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Art History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2000. She attended Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, graduating with her J.D. in 2004. Caroline continued to the Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago, Illinois, where she earned her LL.M. in Taxation in 2005.
Caroline is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia. She served on the Executive Council of the State Bar’s Young Lawyers Division in 2009 and 2010. She has participated in various pro bono activities, including the DeKalb County Probate Clinic, Everybody Wins! Power Lunch, Student Mentor at Cook Elem. School (2008 – 2010), as a volunteer through Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, and has helped numerous rural clients receive pro bono estate planning services through the Georgia Appleseed program.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2004
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- LL.M. - 2005
- University of North Carolina
- Major: Political Science and Art History
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Tax Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Fellow, Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite for the years 2007, 2010-2012, and 2014
- Atlanta Magazine’s FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Award
- Super Lawyers’ Georgia Rising Star Award
- DeKalb County Probate Clinic
- Everybody Wins! Power Lunch
- Student Mentor at Cook Elem. School, 2008 to 2010
- Volunteer, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Georgia Appleseed program
- The Bowden Law Firm, 2005 to 2005
- Schulten, Ward, & Turner
- North Carolina
- Atlanta Bar Association, Former Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Executive Council, State Bar’s Young Lawyers Division, 2009 to 2010